Seniors should wear their College Sweatshirts.
- Important Dates for the Class of 2022
- Commencement Program Class of 2022 Student Profile Sheet
- Complete College Information in Naviance
- Senior Recognition Dinner RSVP
- Balfour Graduation Announcements and More
- 2022 Rehearsal, Baccalaureate Mass, Senior Dinner, and Commencement Information
Details to Follow.
8:30 am Light Breakfast in the Café
9:00 am Graduation Ceremony Rehearsal in the Plamondon Gymnasium
11:00 am Class Picture in Cap and Gown in the Plamondon Gymnasium
Senior will arrive early, time to be determined. There will be no tickets required for the Commencement. We recommended no more than eight guests. The ceremony will be live-streamed.
- Update admissions decisions in Naviance for each college to which they have applied
- Update ENROLLMENT decision in Naviance
- Turn in scholarship letters/emails for all colleges and organizations
Please submit this form to indicate if you and/or a parent will be attending the Senior Recognition Dinner on Wednesday, May 25 at 6:00 pm at Dutch's Daughter.
Please submit this form no later than May 13, 2022.
Please contact Toni Edwards with any questions.
COMMENCEMENT EXERCISES REHEARSAL - MANDATORY
Tuesday, May 24
Saint John’s Catholic Prep
- 8:30 am - Light breakfast – Viking Café
- 9:00 am - Graduation ceremony rehearsal - Plamondon Gymnasium
- 11:00 am - Class picture in cap and gown - Plamondon Gymnasium
Please see DRESS EXPECTATIONS at the end of this email.
BACCALAUREATE MASS - MANDATORY
Wednesday, May 25 4:00 pmSt. Joseph on Carrollton Manor 5843 Manor Woods Rd. Frederick, MD 21703
- Ushers will begin seating seniors with their parents at 3:15pm. Graduates should arrive no later than 3:30.
- The students are to wear their gowns to Mass over their dress clothes – Please see the DRESS EXPECTATIONS at the end of this email.
- We encourage you to exit promptly to allow commute time for our Senior Dinner immediately following.
Wednesday, May 25
This is an invitation only event for graduating seniors and their parents. We look forward to celebrating our seniors and their accomplishments.
- Dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. with the awards ceremony immediately following.
- There will be a cash bar available for our adult guests.
Thursday, May 26 3:00 pmSaint John’s Catholic Prep Plamondon Gymnasium
- Doors will open at 2:00 pm.
- Graduates must arrive by 2:00 pm and report to the Viking Cafe.
- Graduates are asked to limit their guests to eight. No tickets will be required.
- Parking will be available in the front of the school and at Crum Farms, adjacent to the school. A shuttle will be running to Crum Farm to assist those unable to walk to the school.
- For those needing special seating arrangements, please email Toni Edwards at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 301-662-4210 ext. 128.
- The ceremony will be ASL interpreted.
- The ceremony will be live streamed on the Saint John’s Catholic Prep’s website.
PLEASE NOTE: The school policies and procedures as set forth in the Saint John’s Catholic Prep Handbook are in effect and are to be adhered to at all the above Graduation activities. This includes all grooming standards.
Boys are to wear a white shirt and tie with dress slacks and dress shoes under their cap and gown. Absolutely no flip flops or sneakers for boys or girls! Girls are to wear light colored shoes and clothing suitable for under their gowns. Please keep in mind you will be wearing your cap and gown over your attire. Caps and gowns are to be worn for the Commencement rehearsal and for Commencement Exercises. Gowns only, with proper attire underneath, will be worn for the Baccalaureate Mass. Remember the platform stairs are steep and high heels are not recommended. Please wear shoes that you can easily walk in.
Honor society apparel, cords and pins will be distributed and should be worn for all events. No other stoles, cords, pins or other neckwear not given to graduates by the school should worn at any time when wearing gowns. Caps and gowns are not to be decorated.
*PRESSING your cap and gown - please try on your cap and gown to check the fit. Press the gown using a warm iron - not hot! Be careful as the gown can be ruined by too warm an iron. If you have any problems with the cap and gown, please let Mrs. Edwards know right away.