Main Menu

Explore More

Medication Authorization
  • New medication authorization forms for both prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications, including cough drops and over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, must be signed every year by a health care provider and parent/guardian on the Maryland Medication Authorization Form.
  • Each medication both prescription and over-the-counter must have a separate authorization form. 
  • If your child has allergies or asthma, the forms for allergy or asthma action plans must be completed as well.
  • Medication must remain in the properly labeled pharmacy or original OTC container.
  • The parent/guardian is responsible for having the medication delivered directly to the school in a properly labeled original container by an adult with the necessary completed and signed forms.
  • All medications will be received by and kept in CMT's office.
  • If your child has a respiratory condition that requires a rescue inhaler, allergies that require an epinephrine auto-injector, or diabetes and requires insulin, glucagon, and related diabetes supplies, there must be a provider written permission which includes an attestation that the student has demonstrated the ability to self-administer and written parent/guardian consent. For other conditions, your child may be able to self-carry and self-administer but will need documented signed permission from both you and your provider.

Contact Mrs. Mary Beth O'Boyle, Infection Control Coordinator & CMT, with questions. 

The completed forms should be submitted when completing the Confidential Health Information form on Blackbaud or turned into Mrs. Mary Beth O'Boyle.

Medication Authorization Form