Main Menu

Explore More

Allergy and Asthma Management
  • New medication authorization forms for both prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medications, including cough drops and over-the-counter pain relievers such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen, must be signed every year by a health care provider and parent/guardian on the Maryland Medication Authorization Form.
  • Each medication both prescription and over-the-counter must have a separate authorization form. 
  • If your child has allergies or asthma, the forms for allergy or asthma action plans must be completed as well.
  • Medication must remain in the properly labeled pharmacy or original OTC container.
  • The parent/guardian is responsible for having the medication delivered directly to the school in a properly labeled original container by an adult with the necessary completed and signed forms.
  • All medications will be received by and kept in CMT's office.
  • If your child has a respiratory condition that requires a rescue inhaler, allergies that require an epinephrine auto-injector, or diabetes and requires insulin, glucagon, and related diabetes supplies, there must be a provider written permission which includes an attestation that the student has demonstrated the ability to self-administer and written parent/guardian consent. For other conditions, your child may be able to self-carry and self-administer but will need documented signed permission from both you and your provider.

Contact Mrs. Mary Beth O'Boyle, Infection Control Coordinator & CMT, with questions. 

The completed forms should be submitted when completing the Confidential Health Information form on Blackbaud or turned into Mrs. Mary Beth O'Boyle.

Authorization for Management of an Allergic Reaction

Authorization for Management of Asthma