Saint John’s Catholic Prep (SJCP) students participate across fifteen varsity and six junior varsity sports from fall through spring. Our girls’ teams play in the Interscholastic Athletic Association of Maryland (IAAM) and our boys’ team vie in the Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA). Three conferences exist within each of the two alignments noted, and Vikings’ teams compete in each – the ‘A’, ‘B’ and ‘C’ conferences - depending on the sport.
Our SJCP Vikings learn skills and strategy, but, more importantly, they are exposed to the ideals of teamwork, sacrifice and the devotion to excellence through our coaches and the aforementioned challenge of interscholastic competition.
Come be a part of the excellent athletic tradition embodied here at Saint John’s by our quality student-athletes!
“Sportsmanship is the quality of honor that desires always to be courteous, fair, and respectful, and is interpreted in the conduct of players, spectators, coaches and school authorities.”
Saint John’s Catholic Prep believes that good sportsmanship is the attitude and behavior that exemplifies positive support for the MIAA and IAAM member schools, as well as for the individuals who participate in such programs. People involved in all facets of the interscholastic programs are expected to demonstrate respect for others and display good sportsmanship.
Here at Saint John’s Catholic Prep we try to make sure our coaches consistently do the following:
- Know and follow current MIAA and IAAM rules, school and league policies, school’s operating and emergency procedures, and fundamentals of sportsmanship.
- Serve as positive role models for sportsmanship and set examples for controlling unsportsmanlike behavior.
- Display respect for the integrity and judgment of officials.
- Treat players, coaches, opponents, and officials with respect.
- Help student athletes develop a positive self-image and keep a healthy perspective of athletics in relation to the overall picture of academics and life.
- Discuss the components of good sportsmanship with student-athletes and parents during preseason meeting.
- Attend required rules clinics.
Here at Saint John’s Catholic Prep we try to make sure our student-athletes consistently:
- Compete with integrity, perseverance and sense of fair play.
- Promote a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for opposing schools.
- Treat teammates, opponents, coaches, officials and spectators with respect.
- Exercise self-control in accepting officials’ decisions.
- Shake hands with opponents after contests.
- Serve as a positive role model to other students.
Saint John’s Athletics is offering boys’ and girls’ varsity jackets. There are two options for purchasing, online or in person.
Middletown, MD 21769
September 1, 2018
August 21, 2018
August 20, 2018
August 7, 2018
July 22, 2018
July 18, 2018