Saint John’s Catholic Prep seeks to enroll college-bound students who are motivated to succeed in a rigorous academic environment.
We will begin accepting applications for the 2020-2021 School Year beginning September 17, 2019.
- PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS
- PROSPECTIVE INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
- PROSPECTIVE 12TH GRADE STUDENTS
- PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS INTERESTED IN STEM
Saint John’s Catholic Prep seeks to enroll college-bound students who are motivated to succeed in a rigorous academic environment. The Enrollment Committee will review completed application packages. A complete application package includes:
- APPLICATION: Application for Admission is available online, if you prefer to use a paper application, please contact the Enrollment Office. A $65.00 non-refundable application fee is due when submitting the application. After the Priority Application Deadline of December 20, 2019, the application fee will increase to $80.00.
- Eighth-grade applicants must take the High School Placement Test (HSPT) in order to earn academic scholarships. The test is offered at SJCP on Saturday, December 7, 2019 and at other locations on December 14, 2019. Please select SJCP as a recipient of the test scores.
- All Transfer students and Eighth-grade applicatants who miss the registration deadline for the High School Placement Test are required to complete institutional testing at SJCP. The cost of the testing is $40. Please email the Enrollment Office to schedule testing.
- TRANSCRIPT: A signed Transcript & Information Release Form must be returned to the Enrollment Office with the completed application. The Enrollment Office will obtain Official Transcripts.
- RECOMMENDATION: A Recommendation Form must be completed by the student’s teacher, guidance counselor, or school principal/director.
- INTERVIEW: Students will have a Personal Interview scheduled prior to the admission decision.
Admission Notification will be made via email on February 20, 2020 for students who meet the Priority Application Deadline. For applications received after the Priority Application Deadline, admission notification will be made in a timely manner.
SJCP is excited to have joined more than 100 schools in implementing the nationally recognized Aircraft Owners and Pilots Associations (AOPA) high school aviation science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) curriculum. This is a unique opportunity for students to experience a first-of-its-kind, comprehensive, four-year aviation and aerospace engineering study program aligned with rigorous math and science standards. The program aims to provide students the skills they need to pursue aviation-related career and educational opportunities.
If accepted into the program, you would take 2 courses (one per semester) each year during your first three years at SJCP, and complete a capstone project your senior year. Because this is a four-year program, applicants must be entering 9th grade. For more information about the program, please visit: https://youcanfly.aopa.org/high-school/high-school-curriculum.