Seton Scholars provides support for motivated students who have mild documented learning differences. Without forgoing the high standards set by SJCP, The Seton Scholars Program restructures each student’s schedule to allow for a lighter course load and includes the Seton class for academic coaching with a resource teacher.
- Weekly lessons and class assignments related to learning strategies and/or critical thinking skills.
- Executive Function support for scheduling homework, study time, and organizing materials.
- Supplemental curriculum support (extra time to complete and assignment, specific guidance and structure for long or involved assignments, help with studying, etc.)
- Tutoring help with topics or concepts that might be causing confusion.
- “Chill time” for those who need a break from the hectic pace of an average day.
- Support and encouragement to become self-advocates and to better understand any needs or preferences regarding the learning environment.
One of the many reasons we decided to enroll our child at SJCP, was the Seton Program. Having a student with accommodations can make parents anxious and wanting to be assured they are in good hands. When we met Ms. Ryczko, we felt an immediate calm and trust, that she has got this. I can’t say enough about the communication, advice, and energy she has brought to us as parents and to our child. There was not one unanswered email (and there have been many), that she didn’t answer every question with good information and always a good idea or method for a solution and followed through with her ideas. Ms. Ryczko has always gone out of her way to have impromptu meetings with us and our son and always with nothing but genuine concern to better our son’s future and keeping us informed while doing it. Ms. Ryczko has always tried to instill confidence and good learning skills with our son and has never wavered or left one stone unturned with him. As parents, we absolutely without question love what she has done for us and we know our son will become a better person because of it. Ms. Ryczko, you rock!!!!!~ SJCP Parents
- How do I know if the Seton Program is appropriate for my student?
- How does my student apply for the Seton Program?
- What are Seton classes?
- Is it possible for my student to receive classroom and testing accommodations without enrollment in the Seton Program?
- Are there any additional charges for the Seton Program?
- Is my student required to be enrolled in the Seton Program for all 4 years at SJCP?
- How will teachers be advised of my student’s needs?
- How am I notified of my student’s academic progress while in the Seton Program?