What is the SetON ScHolars Program?
Seton Scholars provides support for motivated students who have mild documented learning differences. Without forgoing the high standards set by SJCP, The Seton Scholars Program restructures each student’s schedule to allow for a lighter course load and includes the Seton class for academic coaching with a resource teacher.
All Seton Scholar members can take advantage of:
- Weekly lessons and class assignments related to learning strategies and/or critical thinking skills.
- Executive Function support for scheduling homework, study time, and organizing materials.
- Supplemental curriculum support (extra time to complete and assignment, specific guidance and structure for long or involved assignments, help with studying, etc.)
- Tutoring help with topics or concepts that might be causing confusion.
- “Chill time” for those who need a break from the hectic pace of an average day.
- Support and encouragement to become self-advocates and to better understand any needs or preferences regarding the learning environment.
- How do I know if the Seton Program is appropriate for my student?
- How does my student apply for the Seton Program?
- What are Seton classes?
- Is it possible for my student to receive classroom and testing accommodations without enrollment in the Seton Program?
- Are there any additional charges for the Seton Program?
- Is my student required to be enrolled in the Seton Program for all 4 years at SJCP?
- How will teachers be advised of my student’s needs?
- How am I notified of my student’s academic progress while in the Seton Program?