On Wednesday, May 25, 2022, Saint John's Catholic Prep celebrated the Baccalaureate Mass and honored students for their achievements at the Senior Recognition Dinner for the Class of 2022.
The Baccalaureate Mass was celebrated at St. Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor Catholic Church with Rev. Michael McDermott presiding and Deacon Greg Rausch assisting, lectors Laura Neumark, Henry Hintermister, and Megan Adams, MC Caroline Nelson, and music provided by the Saint John's Liturgy Band directed by Ms. Dawn Miller and singers Nia Bedard, Elena Murphy, and Rebekkah Vandegrift. The Mass concluded with the traditional Service of Light.
Following mass, the senior class and their parents enjoyed dinner, the salutatorian address, and the awards presentation.
Congratulations to the award recipients:
Catholic Daughters Religion Award presented to Katherine Elizabeth Campbell.
Friends of Catholic Education Mount Saint Mary’s Award presented to Henry John Hintermister and Xavier Yando Mbella.
Dr. Christopher M. Hassett Science Scholarship was presented to Alisha Catherine Mason.
NHS Scholarship Awards were presented to Antonia Stavrou Bedard and Shannon Darcy Green.
Balfour Service Award presented to Josephine Faith Leslie.
Four Year Navy ROTC Scholarship was presented to Daniel Manfred Stassen.
State Merit Scholars Awards were presented to Megan Grace Adams, Nathaniel Aaron Casbar, Alisha Catherine Mason, Laura Madeline Neumark, Jacklyn Martha Power, and Samantha Paige Watkins.
C. Markland Kelly, Jr. Athletic Service Awards were presented to William Kyle Pershin and Miranda Michelle Cincotta.
Pierce Athletic Awards of Excellence were presented to Micah Alexander Glover, Ronald Jose Kelley, Kevin John Langley, Kevin John Langley, Nicholas Pasquale Sofia, and Daniel Manfred Stassen.
Department Distinguished Scholar Awards were presented to:
- Catherine Hall English Department Award: Susana Agyako-Wiredu
- Fine Arts Department Award - Performing Arts: Keegan Long Foley
- Fine Arts Department Award - Fine Arts: Helena Elizabeth Riesett
- Sandy Splaine Math Department Award: Jacklyn Martha Power
- Social Studies Department Award: Laura Madeline Neumark
- Science Department Award: Alisha Catherine Mason
- Technology Award: Brooke Marie Hill
- Theology Department Award: Bianca Sophia Benitez
- World Languages Department Award: Miranda Michelle Cincotta
Salutatorian Award was presented to Jacklyn Martha Power.
Valedictorian Award was presented to Laura Madeline Neumark.