On Wednesday, May 22, 2019, Saint John's Catholic Prep celebrated the Baccalaureate Mass and Senior Recognition Dinner for the Class of 2019.
The Baccalaureate Mass was celebrated at Saint Joseph-on-Carrollton Manor Catholic Church with Rev. Kevin Farmer, Rev. Larry Frazier, and Rev. Robert Wisniefski, with music from the Saint John's Liturgy Band directed by Ms. Dawn Miller. The Mass concluded with the traditional Service of Light.
Following mass, the senior class, their parents, and faculty and staff enjoyed dinner, the salutatorian address and awards presentation.
Congratulations to the award recipients:
Catholic Daughters Religion Award presented by Ms. Lynn Rinehart to Nichol Alvarado.
Friends of Catholic Education Mount Saint Mary’s Award presented by Michele Corr to Ty Gallagher.
United States Service Awards:
- Marines - presented by Sgt. Zakary Cook to Baily Martini.
- US Coast Guard - presented by Emily Trudeau to Julie Brisbane.
The Community Foundation of Frederick County presented the following awards:
- Loretta C. Gilbert Scholarship and Chief Charles V. Main Scholarship to Nichol Alvarado
- Loretta C. Gilbert Scholarship to Victoria Geitner
- Sandra Crist Scholarship and Gene, Evelyn and Ernest Family Scholarship II to Hayden Klemanski
- Dr. Christopher M. Hassett Science Scholarship and Loretta C. Gilbert Scholarship to Jacob Shakesprere
NHS Scholarship Awards presented by Tim Van Schaick to Emily German, Jacob Shakesprere, and Nichol Alvarado.
Balfour Service Award presented by Sandra Splaine to Anthony Pente.
Athletic Awards were presented by Pete Strickland:
- US Figure Skating Award - Platinum level presented to Emily German.
- Director of Athletics Award to Nichol Alvarado.
- Pierce Athletic Awards for 3 season athletes, all 4 years presented to Michael Haley and Brandon Louis.
State Merit Scholars Awards presented by Dr. Thomas Powell to Victoria Geitner, Julie Brisbane, and Emily German.
Student Peace Award of Frederick County presented by Will Knotek to James McKane.
Department Distinguished Scholar Awards were presented by the department chairs:
- English to Emily German
- Fine Arts - Performing Arts to Wednesday Cotton
- Fine Arts - Fine Arts to Jonathan Dela Paz
- Math to Victoria Geitner
- Social Studies to Thomas Donovan
- Science to Jacob Shakesprere
- Theology to Greta Mankowich
- World Languages to Hayden Klemanski
Salutatorian Award presented by Dr. Thomas Powell and Will Knotek to Victoria Geitner.
Co-Valedictorians Award presented by Dr. Thomas Powell and Will Knotek to Julie Brisbane and Emily German.