To provide excellent communication with our SJCP Alumni via the personal touch of a fellow class member by building interest in the next class reunion and encouraging classmates to volunteer and support the school.
It is that personal nature of class agents that makes them a powerful, positive force.
The mission of the Class Agent Program is to keep the alumni body in close, personal contact with the school, to increase alumni understanding of the current mission and values of the school, and to gain alumni support of and participation in the ongoing efforts of our school.
Why Serve as a Class Agent?
Class agents, as alumni leaders, positively impact the lives of current and future students, fellow alumni, and the SJCP community as a whole.
What Is the Role of a Class Agent?
Class agents act as class chairs for their respective classes during non-reunion years. As such, they are communicators and motivators for their classmates to become involved in activities and events at SJCP. Class agents are:
• Communicators & Liaisons between the staff and their classmates. They inform their classmates on current issues at SJCP and provide feedback on classmates’ interests, concerns and news.
• Motivators. Class agents work with their fellow classmates to identify ways for alumni to help support SJCP through volunteer initiatives in student recruitment and more.
Class agents are, first and foremost, volunteers. They give of their time and talent to keep their fellow class members in touch with the school and each other.
Term of Service
There is no particular term of service for a class agent. Some may begin early after graduation, and then choose to pass the baton after a short time; still others can begin their service several decades after they have graduated.
Class Agent Responsibilities & Rough Timeline
• Send news of classmates to the Advancement Office for publication on the web site, social media and e-Newsletter. (Ongoing)
• Coordinate with Advancement Office in sending cards for sickness, death or birth of a child (As needed)
• Informing classmates on current issues at SJCP. (As needed)
• Contact classmates to help publicize upcoming alumni events including reunions, meetings, networking events, special lectures, etc. (As needed)
• Assist with reunion planning during anniversary year(s). (As needed)
• Make a gift to the SJCP each year. Leadership by example is crucial, and greatly appreciated. (Optional)
• Obtain more accurate alumni contact information, with emphasis on reconnecting with ‘lost’ alumni.
• Improve communication among alumni.
• Build synergy between SJCP and alumni.
• Increase alumni giving and participation with Saint John’s Catholic Prep